About Early Arts School
It is the desire of Early Arts School to provide a loving, nuturing environment where your child can thrive emotionally, socially, and academically. Our main teaching methods are creative “arts” consisting of constructive play, art projects, music, literature, cooking, drama, creative movement and foreign language.
The goals of the Early Arts School are:
- to help each child develop a positive self-image;
- to help each child develop a positive attitude toward school;
- to help each child acquire basic social skills for group situations; and
- to let each child be active and have fun.
The 2-year program is very informal with light structure. We will teach in the Early Arts style of learning through experience.
The 3-year old program is slightly more formal and structured than the 2-year program. Our main teaching methods are the same, but we add language enrichment, introduction to letter recognition, and numbers.
The 4-year program is designed to prepare children for kindergarten. Our main teaching methods will revolve around the arts, but we will emphasize language enrichment, letter recognition, and numbers while adding fine motor, listening, and pre-readiness skills.
Teachers will strive to:
- Help the child develop self-confidence and self-worth
- Encourage interest and awareness of the world and all there is to learn about it
- Teach children to share and take care of toys and equipment
- Encourage the use of common courtesies and manners
- Help children develop coordination and basic motor skills
Your child will participate in a variety of activities suitable to his or her age, such as:
- Exploring his/her environment
- Interacting with teachers and other children
- Learning to respond, sing, and listen to different kinds of music
- Enjoying stories, books, Show and Tell, and Field Trips
- Working with creative materials, such as paints, clays, crayons, scissors, puzzles and other craft items.